Do you need to reduce stress, or think positive? Spring is the time to clean dust and clutter from the far reaching corners of our home. Getting out the mop, bucket, dusters, and cleaning cloths can disperse the winter blues. Spring cleaning can give you a better attitude and reduce stress while making your house clean.
While cleaning your home is a necessary task, it is even more important to clean stress and negativity from your life and mind. Developing a positive attitude and positive thoughts will help you clear the stress and negativity from your life.
If you are having trouble dealing with stressful situations, you may find that Spring cleaning your mind and thought processes can be beneficial to your mental and physical health.
The following seven tips can help you de-stress through positive thinking:
- Eliminate anger. To effectively eliminate anger, process long-ago hurts, then let them go. Holding onto the past and present issues only hurt you and creates more stress.
Burying your anger will cause you undue stress, which can cause anger to grow. You can get rid of your anger by facing it head-on and finding solutions that will help you release it.
- Forgive. An important part of eliminating anger and achieving a sense of peace is to forgive those that hurt you, even if you feel that they don’t deserve your forgiveness.
- Keep a journal. My friend at Plumber Roswell does this and he says it works great. Positive thinking through journaling can help you achieve your goals and dreams. Writing down your thoughts can help even more. Look at your thoughts, dreams and goals every day and keep yourself on track to achieve them.
Put your list of goals and dreams somewhere you can constantly see it. To motivate you to achieve your goals, put major goals at the top of the list, and under them, smaller tasks that youhave already accomplished.
- Keep an open mind. The Winter Blues can keep you from having an open mind. Spring cleaning your mind can open you up to new thoughts, opportunities and situations, which in turn opens windows of opportunity. A fresh new mindset relieves stress.
- Have fun. Make fun changes in your life that have a positive effect on your mental well-being. Be like Tom Sawyer, and make a mundane task seem like the world’s best project! Spring cleaning your mind brings about a healthy positive attitude.
- Enjoy life. Take time to enjoy the outdoors, whether it be a walk in the park or down at the beach, or a beautiful sunrise or amazing sunset. Take the time to live. You’ll gain a fresh new perspective on life, all while enjoying some fresh air.
- Relax. If your racing mind can’t relax, you need to slow down and deal with one issue at a time. Spring cleaning helps organize and clean your cluttered home, so cleaning your mind helps relax you.
Meditation, prayer, and exercising visualization techniques will help you relieve stress and help you relax.
Using the above tips can help you Spring clean your mind and eliminate stress. Since you are an incredibly talented individual, creating a positive attitude with positive thinking can keep you feel stress-free and in control of your life.
If you’ve been searching high and low for an easy way out of your crazy hectic lifestyle, your quest is over!